A double baby stroller is essential for growing families as it provides convenience and practicality for the children and the parents. With a baby stroller, you are able to take your children with you, wherever you go. If you are a busy parent, then a stroller can take your kids off your shoulders, which give you less to worry about when doing your everyday activities.
Double baby strollers are a type of pushchair which can provide accommodation for up to two children. If you have multiple kids, then a double stroller provides a convenient method of transport for both of your children. Modern double strollers are built with useful features and functions to make it easier for parents to look after their children.
Strollers tend to be long-lasting options as parents can use their pushchairs until their child is much older. Most pushchairs are built with very durable materials which mean that you can expect the stroller to last a very long time.
Factors to Consider when Buying a Double Stroller
There is a limitless range of double baby strollers on the market, which makes it difficult for parents to choose the best stroller for them. There are a few important factors to consider before buying a baby stroller.
Here is a small list of the key factors to consider:
- Lifestyle – Your lifestyle is an important deciding factor for which double stroller you should buy. For example, if you drive a lot then you would want to consider looking for car-seat stroller frames. These frames are detachable from the stroller and can be attached to a car seat.
If you plan to travel around on public transport, then you should look for lightweight double strollers. These pushchairs are built with light materials which can be folded up and stored away. This makes it convenient when taking long walks or taking public transport.
- Budget – Before exploring the large market of strollers, you should plan out your budget to see what your ideal stroller would cost. With a budget planned out, you can look for the best deals for your money.
- Safety – When you are looking around for a double stroller, you should keep your children’s safety as the top priority. You should identify the safety functions of the pushchairs to see if they meet your requirements. Check the stroller frame for any potential hazards, such as protruding edges or uncovered springs.
- Features – Modern double baby strollers are built with many useful and convenient features, such as adjustable seats, adjustable handles, foldable mechanisms, canopies, storage space and more. When looking for a suitable double stroller, you should look for features that will be beneficial to you, such as a large storage space if you need to carry a lot of items. You should also check if the seat is comfortable for your child to sit or sleep in.
- Weight – If you plan on travelling around a lot, then you should look for lightweight double strollers. These pushchairs are made with lighter materials which reduces the overall weight of the pushchair. The reduce weight of the stroller means that you get more manoeuvrability from it.
If you’re still undecided on which double baby stroller is best for you, then take a look at our double stroller reviews. We have reviewed several double baby strollers from big brands such as InStep and Baby Trend.
What’s the Cost of a Double Stroller?
With so many double baby strollers on the market, there is potentially a pushchair for any budget. The cheapest traditional double strollers may cost around $100 and the most expensive advanced strollers can cost around $1,500.
You should always look around to compare different models and see which one offers the best value for money.